Friday

A Flattering Destiny

Do you realize that when you publish your art it goes into Google's database of images?

Here's an example. Do you remember this painting of mine?

Montreal Cityscape, watercolour on paper, 9" x 12" (click to enlarge)

Well, a few months ago I received an email from the organizer of a conference of the History of Economics Society, which was to take place in Montreal. He had found it on Google, and he wanted permission to use it on their website.

Imagine how flattered I was: of all the images about Montreal on Google Images, he had picked my painting to represent it! Of course I agreed!

Later, they requested permission to use my painting on the cover of their programme. When I get my copy, I will post a picture of it here, of course.

The conference took place in June 2014, but as of today, the website is still up. Here is the link:

http://historyofeconomics.org/Conference2014/ContactInformation.html

No comments:

Post a Comment